Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tomorrow is independence day

Today is the second day of classes and I find that I have a great deal of difficulty distinguishing between all the different "d" sounds in Hindi. Supposedly with practice, it will be easier to tell the difference between द ध ड ढ. I'm a little skeptical but we shall see. One of the other students (Nawaf) from Yemen came here four months ago. He said he didn't understand or speak any English. Now his English is pretty good. So I guess that bodes well for my five months here.
Say hello to Nawaf from Yemen

Tomorrow is independence day. Which means we have another break from classes. I think we may go to some place called the forest institute. I wasn't really clear on the details. But if I go, I'm sure I'll have more pictures to share. But that's pretty much it for now.

Oh, but I was going to post things that I like about India and things that I miss about home.

Things I like about India: Real Coke made with REAL sugar.
Things I miss about home: Coke in my fridge all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I loved all the photos in the last few posts - and the video of the taxi driver (CRAZY!!). Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. We miss you so much :)

    ReplyDelete