Monday, August 27, 2012

Navila's missing

So we've been having high drama here at the school. I spent most of the weekend with friends in Rajpur (a small town further up into the hills). When I returned to the school Sunday morning to get ready for school, Songjoo told me that Navila never got on the plane to go back to Japan. She didn't even leave for Delhi. She took a taxi from the Dehradun airport to go to Mussouri. She answers her phone but won't say anything and it appears that she has decided to run away from home.

We think she may have a friend who lives here so hopefully she's safe and with a friend, but apparently she's unhappy at home and decided that she didn't want to go back. I cannot imagine being fifteen, in a foreign country, and running away. But then, I can't imagine my parents sending me to foreign country by myself at fifteen either.

Hopefully she'll call home when she runs out of money and realizes she can't stay here forever. In the mean time, I hope that she stays safe. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Now I must go to class so I don't get scolded for being late.

No comments:

Post a Comment