Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Top Secret Security Clearance

I've been fighting the urge for close to three weeks to email Security to find out where my security clearance is. My target date (as I was reminded when I called on 9/10) for completion is 10/9. My medical is still in purgatory - having not been reviewed by a nurse yet - so it really doesn't matter where my security clearance is. But the urge got too much today so I emailed and found out I was granted a Top Secret Security Clearance on 9/14! How cool is that?!! How many of your friends can say they have a top secret security clearance? probably not many :) Now you can add me to the list.
Of course it still doesn't mean anything in terms of moving on because my medical has not been granted, I still have to go through the final suitability review, and the next orientation class doesn't start until 1/4/10.
In the mean time, I've been keeping busy. They had a delegation from State at the school on Tuesday (thanks to the career center) so I stuck my head in and introduced myself. Okay, okay, I tried really hard not to be the dorky girl who's all like "hey, I'm going to be your future co-worker." But it came up naturally in the conversation that I'd passed the OA and was waiting on security and medical. The career center has already sent three people to talk to me so that I can give them the "inside scoop" on the process. I hope one of my tours will be recruiting for State on college campuses... I could totally be a diplomat in residence.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Okay... so I know you wouldn't have posted it if you weren't allowed to--but you're seriously allowed to tell people you have top secret security clearance? Doesn't that make you a target or something?? I am very impressed with your clearance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would only make me a target if I were actually employed by a government agency. I currently have no access to secrets of any importance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you will, right? Nickie asks if your blog is private :). Oh! I found the garlic slicer, and I have it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is soooooo coooooool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog is private... are you guys hanging out right now? I thought you were still in Galveston. and yay! excited about the garlic slicer.

    ReplyDelete