Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Giving up the Coke (coca-cola) Habit

I admit it... I have a coke habit. It's bad. Today I had a can and a bottle which violates my usual one a day policy. I think I may be nearing the edge. It's a good thing I never took up smoking. I would be one of those people who smoke off and on for their entire life until they finally die at the age of 54 by getting hit by a bus... you thought I was going to say lung cancer. Mom, I hope that made you laugh.

I periodically give up the coke. I've gone for months before without a sip. But it's difficult. And there are no substitutes for me. Diet Coke gives me the shakes and Coke zero is almost bearable. But really I just need to drink more water. So today I'm setting an attainable goal. No Soda for two weeks... okay one week. (remember we said attainable) I vow to not drink any soda until next Thursday. I think it's attainable. We'll set a new goal then and see how it goes. In the mean time, check out my count down:

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Super cool!!
    I've just about decided to give up the Diet Coke habit when my supply is gone. I've done it before, too, but eventually go back. It's actually kinda scary to think about doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice countdown! You should drink 3 liters of water/day. It is a LOT of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink mineral water, like the fizzy kind to battle my soda craving. You may think "that's insane, because mineral water is gross" and it kinda is, but hey.
    And I support your coke "rehab."

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :) more support always a good thing. but i'm going to have to say "yuck" to the mineral water. Perhaps club soda with some concentrated fruit juice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how's the Oct 1 Coke-out going?

    ReplyDelete