Ben and I took a little trip to Balogna Italy for Memorial Day weekend.
This was the first place we ate. It's a little Trattoria which is a small cafe that sells simple food.
Notice the creepy clown picture on the wall and the display of sharks teeth.
That was something that had the word fungi which I'm pretty sure is probably mushroom. It was delicious.
So, I don't know what weird Frankenstein uniform this is, but I'm pretty sure we never wore that in the Air Force.
After lunch we walked the streets of Balogna.
Where of course we spotted at least two McDonalds that were PACKED.
It was actually pretty warm. You can see the tourists basking in the shade of Neptune's Statue.
I probably knew what this building was, but I don't remember now. It looks impressive with all those flags and statue things.
Balogna is known for it's "two towers"
This one leans.
But it's NOT the leaning tower of Pisa. Ben was disjointed. Apparently Balogna is the birthplace of his fraternity and the grand secret guide book to the Kappa Sigma's was misleading when it came to describing the towers.
More tourists and old buildings.
Here's another shot of the two towers.
And more old archways.
Oh good, another food shot.
The seafood appetizer was better than the seafood pasta. I was imagining fish. It was mostly shellfish and calamari.
We were going to go see an art exhibit but the line was about three hours long so we decided to skip it and sit and drink Italian coffee at a little cafe.
This is me drinking Italian coffee. It pretty much just tastes like someone ground up the tire of a vespa and then soaked it in water. So I guess that's what it's supposed to taste like?
"Geez Carrie, why are you taking so many pictures of that wall?"
Because...
Everything was packed so close together. Everbody seems to live in these apartments over the shops.
And then we had dinner and this amazing Panacotta.
By the time we headed back to the museum, we go to see this beauty.
Actually, we got to see the real painting because "The Girl with Pearl Earring" is traveling around the world. But the posters all over the city were really impressive too.
I found the Rembrandt's more compelling but I think he was a genius with the use of light.
So, good trip. But we didn't get to ride a Vespa. I'll make sure to book that in advance next time.


Aww great post!! Loved all the pics. Loved the description of the coffee, too :).
ReplyDeleteHahaha, "oh good, another food shot." At least all the shells were open! Glad you guys got to shoot over to Italy for the holiday :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteJust catching up on your blog. You guys look great and seem to be very happy over there. Italy is on my list one day...probably won't be until Claire turns 18! Any plans to visit Dallas later this year?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately not :( not enough leave. You'll have to come see us :)
Delete